Friday, July 15, 2011

"Your Call is Important to Us!"

They call it a help line, I need help, I think I’ll give them a call. So I call to find help in my time of need, only to be met by those reassuring words, “your call is important to us!” I know it’s a recording but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they really do care. As I sit waiting, listening to some annoying background music, every 3 or 4 minutes a voice breaks through to remind me “your call is very important to us”. After about an hour of this I’m beginning to reconsider the benefit of the doubt I gave them earlier. Twenty times over the last hour I’ve heard “your call is very important to us”. I’ve had it, I’m irritated, annoyed, and I think “us” is out to lunch, or “us” really doesn’t care, or maybe “us” and his buddies are sitting around laughing, taking bets on how long I’ll stay on the line before I hang up. I think if there was truth in advertising this would be engraved on those electronic gadgets we love to buy, "if it doesn’t work, find a quarter and call someone who cares."

Life is filled with disappointment and one of the greatest disappointments is to have a problem and can’t find someone who cares enough to listen. We live in a world packed with knowledge but very little wisdom. We live in a world filled with takers but few givers. We live in a crowded but lonely world. When we reach out for help we get blank stairs, or opinions but little truth. We live in a very individualistic society where every one is lost in their facebook, ipods, twitter, Skype, cell phones and video games. Surrounded by people but they are all somewhere else. We have questions, we need help, but no one has any answers and the people who do keep saying our call is important to them but I need more than that, PICK UP THE PHONE. So we hang up go to our room wondering does anyone care, does anyone have time to listen, does anyone have the answers I need.

There is a wonderful verse in Proverbs that every Christian should rejoice in. It is a simple verse, sets forth a principle we all know but can easily forget.

Proverbs 15:29 “The LORD is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous.”

God hears the prayers of his saints. God hears the prayers of his saints immediately, no need to wait, no need to wonder, no need to worry. When believers go tho the throne of grace to find help in their time of need God hears their prayer. That is His promise to his children. God has answers, God has power, God has wisdom, and God wants to give it to us. WE are never truly alone.

In the office facing that tough decision God is there and he hears the prayer of the righteous, have you asked Him for wisdom. In that relationship that is struggling and we don’t know how much longer we can go on, God hears the prayer of the righteous have you asked him for strength to carry on? Books have been written on prayer, so I don't’ need to go on. But just a reminder for us today.

Our God cares about us and He always has time for us and we have a direct line to the Father through his son Jesus Christ who opened up the way through the blood of his cross. The LORD hears the prayer of the righteous.

So talk with him. Thank him. Yes we can go to God in our time of need, but sometimes we just need to go and talk to Him because we can, because we love Him, we don't need anything or want anything, we just want to be with Him. What a friend we have in Jesus, our prayers are always important to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment